1

Running a comparison website company

Answered by: Maulana Mujahid Hussain

Question

SALAM SHIEKH,

I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING A COMPARISON WEBSITE WERE WE GIVE INFORMATION TO PEOPLE ON LOAN LENDERS, ENERGY PROVIDERS, MOBILE PHONE CONTRACTS, BROADBAND AND TV, BASED ON WHICH IS CHEAPER OR BETTER.

MY QUESTION IS REGARDING THE LOAN COMPANIES IF WE GIVE PEOPLE  INFORMATION WHICH LOAN LENDER IS BETTER AND HOW TO CONTACT THEM SO WE SIMPLY DIRECT PEOPLE AND WE DON’T MAKE ANY PROFIT FROM THESE LOAN  LENDERS IN TERMS OF A FEE, WE DON’T EVEN WITNESS THEM CONTACTING THEM OR ENTERING INTO AGREEMENT WITH THE LENDERS. AND WE DON’T PASS OVER  INFORMATION OF THE APPLICANT TO THE LENDERS.

IS THIS PERMISSIBLE? THANKYOU SHIEKH.

Answer

Unfortunately, this is not permissible. You can run the site by comparing the price of the halal items. There is no limit to the number of halal items available for your comparison. I cannot think of anything better to tell you then the advice of Shuaiab  عليه السلام )  as Allah ( سبحانه و تعالى )   mentioned in the Quran

بَقِيَّتُ اللَّهِ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ ۚ وَمَا أَنَا عَلَيْكُم بِحَفِيظٍ 

What is left ˹as a lawful gain˺ by Allah is far better for you if you are ˹truly˺ believers. And I am not a keeper over you.”

Allah ( سبحانه و تعالى ) also says

وَتَعَاوَنُوا عَلَى الْبِرِّ وَالتَّقْوَىٰ ۖ وَلَا تَعَاوَنُوا عَلَى الْإِثْمِ وَالْعُدْوَانِ ۚ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ – 5:2

Help each other in righteousness and piety, and do not help each other in sin and aggression. Fear Allah. Surely, Allah is severe at punishment

Only Allah Knows Best.

Written by Maulana Mujahid Hussain

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah 

Darul Ifta Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.