Swallowing saliva mixed with blood

Answered by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Question:

1) how do I tell if I have swallowed more blood that salvia. (I swallowed my saliva and then spat and I saw more blood in my spilt, will this be an indication)

2) Can we swallow the snout at comes down the back of the throat like when we have a cold

3) if I swallowed blood thinking it was more that the salvia but unsure what does that mean.

Answer:

Bismillah

If there is more blood than saliva and one swallows the blood filled saliva then ones fast will break. (Behsti Zewar p.12 v.3)

If you spat out your saliva and you find that there is more blood. then that is an indication of the blood being more than the saliva. if you unsure whether you swallowed blood or not your fast does not break.

Finally, swallowing mucus or sputum will not break the fast. (Fatawa Hindiyyah p.204 v.1)

Only Allah Knows Best

Mohammed TosirMiah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.

Find more answers indexed from: DarulIftaBirmingham