Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askmufti.co.za » Fidya and Place of Residence

Fidya and Place of Residence

Q: I want to pay Fidyah for Ramadan in Pakistan for my wife who is not able to fast. Shall I pay according to the rate per day in Pakistan or as per the rate where I live: Canada?

A. If your wife is in Canada, the Canadian rate will be paid, irrespective of where the money is sent.

Moulana Yusuf Laher
Checked by: Mufti Siraj Desai

This answer was collected from AskMufti.co.za, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Siraj Desai of Darul-Uloom Abubakr, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: