1)The women who tie their hair as camel humps (the sign of qiyama), are they those who make buns from their hair and tie them behind their heads or above their heads? Is it ok to tie the hair in such a way it is concealed with a material yet obvios hair has been tied under it e.g a high bun above the nape, high plait, high pony tail?
2) Is the use of whistles in/out sports allowed?
3) what is durud tanjeena and is it autentic?
4) does your darul ulum have a nisbat with a shaykh of tasawuf?
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
1) The following Hadeeth is recorded in Sahih Muslim,
عن أبي هريرة قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم صنفان من أهل النار لم أرهما قوم معهم سياط كأذناب البقر يضربون بها الناس ونساء كاسيات عاريات مميلات مائلات رءوسهن كأسنمة البخت المائلة لا يدخلن الجنة ولا يجدن ريحها وإن ريحها ليوجد من مسيرة كذا وكذ
صحيح مسلم, ج2 ص205 ,ج2 ص383,رشيدية))
Rasulallah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has mentioned, “There are two groups of people who are from amongst the inmates of the fire, I have not seen them. a) Such a nation who possesses whips like the tails of cattle, they beat the people with it. b) Women who are dressed, yet they are naked, they inclining towards others and others inclining towards them, their heads are like the leaning humps of female camels, they will not enter Jannah, nor will they get its fragrance. Verily, its fragrance can be smelt from such and such distance”. (Sahih Muslim vol.2 pg 205/383, Rashidiyyah)
Some commentators of Hadeeth have given the following comments on the underlined section of the Hadeeth,
a) They enlarge the head by tying a cloth, turban or something generally worn on the head in such a way that it resembles the hump of a she came.
b) To plait the tresses of hair and then to gather it in the centre, at the top of the head.
Generally nowadays, a woman ties her hair in a bun behind her head because of it being more convenient and easier to conceal all her hair. If it is done in this manner, it will be permissible.
Irrespective of the hair being in a bun, plait or pony tail, the hair of a female forms part of her Awrah and should be concealed at all times.
بدن الحرة عورة إلا وجهها وكفيها وقدميها كذا في المتون وشعر المرأة ما على رأسها عورة وأما المسترسل ففيه روايتان الأصح أنه عورة كذا في الخلاصة وهو الصحيح وبه أخذ الفقيه أبو الليث وعليه الفتوى كذا في معراج الدراية
الفتاوى الهندية -ج 1 / ص 58, رشيدية))
2) It is permissible to use a whistle in and out of sports as long as there is a need to use it e.g. to attract the attention of a person etc. However, if the whistle is used without any reason or for musical purposes, it will fall under the ruling of “لهو و لعب” play and amusement, hence, it will not be permissible.
Please refer to the following link.
3) In the book “مناهل الحسنات”we find a story taken from the book “فجر منير” of Imam ibn Fakihani (رحمه الله). It says, “Musa Zareer (رحمه الله) was one of the great saintly elders. he once told me of his own experiences. He says, “Once I was in a boat which was in great danger and came near to sinking. At that dangerous moment slumber overtook me and in a vision I saw Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم). He taught me a form of Salaat, saying, “Let the passengers recite it one thousand times”. They started reciting and had not actually reached three hundred times when the boat was completely saved”.
This Salaat is:
اللّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى سَيِّدِنا مُحَمَّدٍ صَلاةً تُنْجِيْنا بِهَا مِنْ جَمِيْعِ الْاَهْوَالِ والآفاتِ وتَقْضِىْ لَنا بِها جَمِيعَ الْحَاجَاتِ وتُطَهِّرُنا بِها مِن جَمِيْعِ السِّيِّآت وتَرْفَعُنا بِها اعْلَى الدَّرَجَات وتُبَلِّغُنا بِها اقْصَى الْغَايَاتِ مِنْ جَمِيعِ الْخَيرَاتِ فِى الْحَياةِ وَبَعْدَ الْمَمَاتِ
It is also a practice to add, “إنّك على كلّ شيئٍ قديرٌ”
“Verily you have power over all things”
(Virtues of Salaat alan Nabi ( ( صلى الله عليه وسلمpg.148)
In the verse (33:56) all the believers are commanded to send Salaat and Salaam upon the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم). We have been taught many ways of sending Salaat and Salaam in the Ahadeeth, but it is not restricted to these ways only. Many Duas have been mentioned in the Qur’ān and Hadeeth, but it is not restricted to these Duas only. Similarly, other methods of Salaat and Salaam have also been shown to us and proven effective through the experiences of different individuals.
4) Alhamdulillah, our Darul Ulum has a Nisbat to different Mashayikh of Tasawwuf. Hereunder is a list of a few Asaatizah and their nisbat with the different Mashayikh:
a) Moulana Mahmood Madni sahib (دامت بركاته) has taken bai’at to Hazrat Shiekh Muhammad Zakariyah Sahib (رحمه الله) and has received Khilaafah from Moulana Talha Sahib ((دامت بركاته and other Mashayikh.
b) Mufti Ebrahim Desai Sahib ((دامت بركاته has taken bai’at to Hazrat Mufti Mahmood ul Hasan Gangohi Sahib(رحمه الله) and is currently bai’at to Mufti Ahmed Khan-puri Sahib(دامت بركاته) . He has also received Khilaafah from Hazrat Mufti Mahmood ul Hasan Gangohi Sahib(رحمه الله) .
c) Moulana Ibrahim Muhammad Sahib ((دامت بركاته has taken bai’at to Hazrat Moulana Zul Fiqaar Sahib ((دامت بركاته.
d) Moulana Haroon Dhoomah Sahib((دامت بركاته has taken bai’at to and has received Khilaafah From Mufti Ahmed Khan-puri Sahib(دامت بركاته) .
e) Moulana Imran vawda Sahib ((دامت بركاته has taken bai’at to Dr. Saber Sahib (رحمه الله).
f) Mufti Yunus Bobat Sahib ((دامت بركاته has taken bai’at to Hajee Faruk Sahib (رحمه الله) .
Alhamdulillah, every day after Fajr, Asr and Maghrib Salaah, a Majlis is conducted in the Darul Ulum by different Asaatizah and every morning after Fajr Salaah a Zikr Majlis is also conducted.
And Allah knows best
Ml. Rayhaan Docrat,
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah