Is this nikah Valid? We did nikah secretly because our parents were not agreed.

I am 31 years old and I did nikah with the person who is 32 years old in the presence of two male muslim and Baligh persons. One of whom was Maulvi and the other one was witness. Maulvi asked from both of us did we accept our nikah with one another. We both accepted our nikah with one another in the presence of these two male persons one of whom was Maulvi and the other one was witness. Then maulvi read the Khutba of nikah and duaah in the presence of me (girl), boy and the one witness.

We only four persons were present at the time of nikah, one of whom was maulvi, other one was witness. me (girl) and the boy who married me. Is this nikah valid?

It was our first nikah but we said to the Maulvi that we want to renew our nikah. Does this false statement have any affect on our nikah? Please reply soon.

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

The Nikah performed by the Maulvi is valid. There is no need to renew the nikah.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Wassalamu Alaykum

Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah