My question concerns an article I have read which was written by a scientist (Keith L. Moore) regarding embrology(development of the human in its mother’s womb).

As-Salaam-u-Alaikum. He sites Quranic aayat describing this development and explains what they mean. I fear that his explanations may contradict that given by the prophet Muhommed(s.a.w) or of the Ulama. For example. Aayat 39:6 “He created you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, in a threefold gloom.” He comments on the “threefold gloom” as being a)anterior abdominal wall b)uterine wall and c)chorionic sac Is there any authentic tafseer on this verse? and what is your verdict on believing what he is saying (especially since he is a Kaafir)? I fear since most Muslims in my university are using these quotes(which may be baseless and untrue) in “proving” the validity of the Qur’an. I fear that this may be a deceptive trick by Shaitaan. Jazakallahu-khair

Answer

The explanation of the threefold gloom is correct. (Jalaalayn pg.383;
Qadeemi)