How to divorce?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

My wife wants me to give her a divorce due to irreconcilable differences We have a 3 year old daughter. Please advice on how to divorce correctly according to Shariah.


We would advise you to go to the nearest branch of the Jamiatul Ulama and have them handle the case. If you are set on divorcing her, then too after discussion with them, only grant her one divorce, not more.

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Ml. Husain Kadodia

CHECKED & APPROVED: Mufti Imraan Vawda

Original Source Link

This answer was collected from, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Ebrahim Desai from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!