Can you explain this hadith please…I went to ‘Aisha and he asked her about the bath of the Prophet. She brought a pot containing about a Sa’ of water and took a bath and poured it over her head…

Salam, Can you explain this hadith please? Narrated Abu Salama: ‘Aisha’s brother and I went to ‘Aisha and he asked her about the bath of the Prophet. She brought a pot containing about a Sa’ of water and took a bath and poured it over her head and at what time there was a screen between her and us. Jazak Allah Khair!

Answer

The queried Hadith has been recorded in Muslim (vol.4 pg.229)

Abu Salamah ibn Abdur-Rahmaan (Radhiallaahu Anhu) who was the foster nephew of Aaisha (Radhiallaahu Anha) says, Once Aaisha’s (Radhiallaahu Anhu) brother enquired from her the manner Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) took a bath. She explained that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) took a bath with one Sa?ah (approximately 3.2 kg) of water.