Assalakualaekum, since the New York tragedy things have gone against Muslims. Can I trim my beard temporarily in this life-threatening situation?

Assalamualaekum, ALHAMDULILLAH I have beard according to Sunnah. I am in USA. Since the New York incidence the people have gone against Muslims so much that several Muslims have been killed and even a Sikh have been killed as he had a beard. Muslim women have been harmed because of their hijab. I have to travel a lot to the different cities of the USA alone. My traveling InshaALLAH will be in the day and in the night by bus to different cities of USA. My family and me are concerned about this. I heard that to save life even haram things are allowed to eat. Can I get my beard trimmed temporarily to save my life and to keep myself away from problems? May ALLAH keep every Muslim and me away from every problem. AAMEEN.

Answer

In view of the prevailing situation, it is not permissible for a Muslim to
conceal his Islamic identity, beard, etc. However, he should exercise
precaution and guard himself to the best of his ability from being
victimised.

FATWA DEPT.