Request for delayed payment in ijaarah contract

I had a business agreement with someone who agreed to introduce a buyer for a commission.  In the meeting i told him that i will pay his commission after completion of the construction, to which he laughed and said nothing.  2 months later he is demanding his commission straight away. I reminded him of my terms that i will pay after construction is complete, to which he said he thought i was joking and averyone pays in advance. In Shariah do i need to pay him in advance or can i delay till the completion of the construction project as i had stated in the meeting?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Your question is not clear.

You refer to a buyer for a commission, then you refer to a commission after construction.

What exactly was the nature of the business and commission agreement?

You may respond to [email protected] Ref. Mudassir Benish

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Mudassir Benish

Student – Darul Iftaa

Houston TX, U.S.A

Checked and Approved by,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.