Gifts from a person whose income is haram… One of my friend works for bank (involved in the interested based business),

One of my friend works for bank (involved in the interested based business), what should i do if that person send me a gift (like food item etc). Is it haram for me to consume any gift from a person whose income is from haram source. If its so then how come i can make sure the person who is inviting me to party, or sending me gift got this income from halal source.

Answer

If you are certain that the gift is from a Haraam source, you should not consume or use it.

A Muslim who gives you something or invites you for a meal, you may accept even if you do not know the source of his income. However, if you are certain his income is Haraam, you should refrain.

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT.