1. Selling of Radios? 2. Selling of Televisions? 3. Selling of Computers? 4. Selling Internet Service (Dial-up service)? 5. Being a Taxi driver and dropping off people at places where they may commit sins? 6. Selling newspapers, cigarettes? 7. Hosting websites that have pictures in it? (if you could list other items that people commonly sell from which earnings would be haram?)
1. In principle, you are allowed to sell an item that has Haraam as well as Halaal uses. It is up to the consumer to ensure he uses it correctly. If the consumer abuses the item, you will not be held responsible. Therefore, the sale of radios, computers, etc. is permitted whilst the sale of television sets is prohibited.
2. Refer 1
3. Refer 1
4. The sale of internet services is permissible.
5. A taxi driver dropping passengers at places of sin is not held responsible for the sins of the people. He is merely transporting them. Yes, he should abstain from directing the people towards a particular place of sin.
6. The sale of newspapers is permissible provided the paper itself is predominantly beneficial. The sale of cigarettes is prohibited.
7. If the website is for a good cause, you may host the site provided the pictures are not lewd.
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
Original Source Link