Plucking the eyebrows

I have plucked my eyebrows before and now I know it’s not allowed, what do I do?

Answer

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuhu

It is not permissible for one to pluck one’s eyebrows. Consider the following Hadeeth:

Rasullullah (SallallahuAlayhiWaSallam) said:

حدثنا شَيْبَانُ بْنُ فَرُّوخَ ، حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ يَعْنِي ابْنَ حَازِمٍ ، حَدَّثَنَا الْأَعْمَشُ ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ ، عَنْ عَلْقَمَةَ ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ، عن النبي صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قال لَعَنَ اللَّهُ الْوَاشِمَاتِ وَالْمُسْتَوْشِمَاتِ ، وَالنَّامِصَاتِ وَالْمُتَنَمِّصَاتِ ، وَالْمُتَفَلِّجَاتِ لِلْحُسْنِ الْمُغَيِّرَاتِ خَلْقَ اللَّهِ

“Allah has cursed those women who practice tattooing, request tattooing be done for them, those who shave the eye-brows, those who request that they eyebrows be shaved and those who create spaces between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, such ladies have changed what Allāh has created.” (Saheeh Muslim, Hadeeth #3973)

Repent to Allah for the sin of plucking your eyebrows and make a firm determination never to repeat the sin.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Ismail Desai,

Darul Iftaa

Checked and approved by,