Yellow discharge after period

I am very confused about when to make Ghusl. 

For seven days my period is normal, but after that I get yellow discharge. This discarge is similar to what I get when I am not on my period. You see, I have no sign of purity at the end of my period so I don’t know whne to make Ghusl.

After the 7th day I get yellow discharge and this dischrge goes on for 5-6 days so I always end up making Ghusl on the 10th day, because that is the limit. Is this correct, or should I make Ghusl after the seventh day?

Jazak Allah!

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

You state your period is normal. By this we assume you mean red discharge, not that it is your normal menstrual cycle. Correct?

If not, what is your normal monthly cycle? Since when you started getting the yellow discharge? 

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Syed Haneef Ahmed

Student Darul Iftaa

New York, U.S.A

Checked and Approved by,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.