Home » Shafi'i Fiqh » Darul Iftaa Jordan » Is it permissible for a pious Muslim woman to stay with her husband who had quit praying out of laziness?

Is it permissible for a pious Muslim woman to stay with her husband who had quit praying out of laziness?

Answered as per Shafi'i Fiqh by Darul Iftaa Jordan

Answer:
Quitting prayer is one of the major grave sins that come after disbelieving in Allah, but the wife of such a person isn`t considered divorced, rather, she should exert all her efforts in order to bring him back to the way of Islam. However, if his sin is likely to lure her from the way of Islam, then she had better separate from him by lawful means such as Mokhal`aa(When a wife pays a compensation for her husband in return for divorcing her). Moreover, if she exercises patience, and remains steadfast on her faith, then there is no harm in doing that.

This answer was collected from the official government Iftaa Department of Jordan.

My question today is about 2 very unusual dreams that I had one after another, I prayed my fajr salah this morning and went back to sleep and saw that I was at my parents house and my sister saw that a mirror was broken (just from the edge) so she tried hanging it on the wall against the wall where there was another broken mirror just in the same way and as she was trying to hang the second one the first fell and broke completely so she got angry and dropped the second one intentionaly and then with anger started braking everything in the room that was made out of glass and the room was full peices of glass, when I saw her do this I got angry and said to her “Saima have you gone mad? We got a baby in the in the house aren’t you even bothered about her that you’ve created such dangerous atmosphere in the house?” And I can’t exactly remember but I think I hurt myself too as the small peices were everywhere, and suddenly I woke up and realised it was a dream so I spat three times on my left read Awoozu billahi minashaitaanirajeem thrice and turned right side and fell back to sleep. Then I dreamt again what I saw this time was my sister in laws uncle was going pakistan so we went to see him the night before and as we were about to leave I helped my sister in laws auntie take the dishes to the kitchen and when I entered the kitchen it was in a very great mess so i thought i’ll quickly give her a hand before leaving so I started washing the dishes and as I was about to finish I just had a metal bowl left which was at the bottom of the sink and the water that was running created a hole in the metal bowl I got a bit shocked to see that and before I said anything I realised that my hands were also melting and as soon as I noticed this I ran outside the house towards our car where my mum, sister and my 2 kids were, when I saw them them they were facing the same situation (that their bodies were slowly melting) and I looked outside and people were dying, I realised that it was time for all of us to go so I read Laa ilaha ilallahu Muhammadurra soolullah very loudly so everyone would remember to read before death and as I was reading I woke up…. These two very wierd dreams I had just now. Could you please explain what they could mean?