Parents’ Approval for Marriage

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by ShariahBoard.org

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah

I am in love with a girl who also is in love with me. She is a person with really good habits and belongs to a good family. We love each other so much that we cannot live without each other. My parents are not agreeing for this marriage though. They finalized my marriage to take place with someone else. What should I do in this situation? Please provide me dua or wazifa so that my parents can agree to this marriage

Parents' Approval for Marriage

الجواب وباللہ التوفیق

Parents always think for the best of their children, their decisions are based only on supporting them. And it generally happens that children make wrong decisions or take incorrect actions based on their inexperience and naiveness which later results in regret. Our recommendation for you is to agree with their decisions and firmly believe that it is the cautious and beneficial path for you.  However, do perform Istikhara before performing Nikah and if there is a dream as a result then consult with an expert righteous aalim to request its interpretation. If there is no dream as a result of the Istikhara, then act upon the direction towards which your qalb leans. Continue making dua to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta‘ala and make dua that Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta‘ala helps you in making the decisions which are in your best interest.

This answer was collected from Shariahboard.org. It was established under the supervision of the eminent faqih of our era, Hazrat Shah Mufti Mohammed Navalur Rahman damat barakatuhum.

Find more answers indexed from: ShariahBoard.org