Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Seekersguidance.org » Praying Dhuhr After Shafi’i Dhuhr Ends But Before Hanafi Asr Time Begins

Praying Dhuhr After Shafi’i Dhuhr Ends But Before Hanafi Asr Time Begins

Answered by Ustadh Salman Younas

Question: My question is that if i follow the Hanafi fiqh and pray my Zuhr after the Shafi Asr has taken place, is my Zuhr still considered to be on time or am I late for it?

Answer: assalamu `alaykum

Your Dhuhr prayer will be considered performed on time if you prayed it before the entrance of the Hanafi `Asr time.

According to the Hanafi school, the time for `Asr enters at two shadow lengths. The other three schools of thought state that it enters at one shadow length. As such, the Hanafi `Asr time enters a bit later than the Shafi`i one. Both positions are sound and have their proofs in the primary texts.

It would be best to simply consult a reliable prayer calendar to see when Dhuhr time exits and `Asr time enters according to the Hanafi school.

Wassalam
Salman

Checked & Approved by Faraz Rabbani

Related Answer:

The Hanafi `Asr Time

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.