Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Seekersguidance.org » Is It Permissible To Breastfeed My Child During Intimacy With My Husband?

Is It Permissible To Breastfeed My Child During Intimacy With My Husband?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org

Question: Assalamu ‘alaykum. Is it permissible to continue having sex with your husband whilst breastfeeding the baby or should you stop to feed the baby?

Answer:

Wa ‘alaykum assaalam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

I pray you are well.

Although I have not seen an explicit prohibition of this, it would be better to avoid doing so. The way of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) is one of modesty – especially in such matters. Having a child present would not be in line with that way, especially seeing as children can be breastfed until the age of two lunar years.

Keep the act as one which your child is not present, intending the sunna of modesty. Use it as a means to thank Allah for the blessings of love and family. This will place many blessings in all your relationships, insha’Allah.

May Allah bless you with the best of both worlds.
[Shaykh] Abdul-Rahim

Checked and Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.