Are porcelain veneers (for teeth) halaal or haraam?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Qibla.com

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

I was wondering if porcelain veneers were permisible as they might interfere with rinsing the mouth during wudhu.

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

I pray that this finds you well, and in the best of health and spirits. May Allah grant you all good and success in this life and the next.

Dental veneers are legally akin to fillings, and don’t affect the validity of wudu or ghusl. Please search SunniPath Answers (http://qa.sunnipath.com) for related answers. Search for: fillings and wudu; or: fillings and ghusl.

And Allah alone gives success.

Faraz Rabbani

This answer was indexed from Qibla.com, which used to have a repository of Islamic Q&A answered by various scholars. The website is no longer in existence. It has now been transformed into a learning portal with paid Islamic course offering under the brand of Kiflayn.

Find more answers indexed from: Qibla.com