Do I require tayammum if I can’t wash some part of my face for medical reasons?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Qibla.com

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

There is only a very small portion of my face (about the size of a coin) that I can’t wash because of a medical reason. Shall I perform tayammum in full? Or shall I just perform wudu and rub dry hands (with earth) on that part that I can’t wash?

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

I pray that this finds you well, and in the best of health and spirits. May Allah grant you all good and success in this life and the next.

In such a case, if you can wipe the area instead of washing, without harship, then do so. If you can’t, then you can skip even wiping it, and your wudu will be valid, and no tayammum is required. [ Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah ]

And Allah alone gives success. Faraz Rabbani

This answer was indexed from Qibla.com, which used to have a repository of Islamic Q&A answered by various scholars. The website is no longer in existence. It has now been transformed into a learning portal with paid Islamic course offering under the brand of Kiflayn.

Find more answers indexed from: Qibla.com