Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Assisting one’s parents financially

Assisting one’s parents financially

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: My parents are in severe financial debt. Can I sell my mahar Kruger coin to help them. Do I need to seek my husbands permission to sell it.


A: You can help them with your mahr. You do not need your husbands permission to assist them. It is your obligation to assist your parents. In order to fulfil an obligation one does not need to take permission.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: