Irregular bleeding for nifaas

Q: My aadat for nifas is 40 days and for haiz it keeps on changing but is always between 4 to 7 days. I delivered a baby on 16 september. I bled for 20 days, then because of 3 c sections I had copper t inserted on 24 october, bleeding started on 25 october and continued till 3 november. I am myself a doctor and I know that irregular bleeding is a side effect of copper t for first 3 months. I started bleeding again on 21 November only for 2 days. Then after 10 days again some bleeding now started. Which days wiĺl be haiz and which istihaza? This irregular bleeding is due to copper t as per medical information.

A: Since you started bleeding again on 25 October, your nifaas will be counted as 40 days. The bleeding after 26 October will be counted as istihaadhah. Thereafter the bleeding on 21 November will be counted as haidh and you will count it according to your last habit of haidh before pregnancy. The bleeding thereafter will be counted as istihaadhah.