- What is the procedure of doing missed Qada namaz of last 10 years, approximately 500 salaahs?
- What will be intention?
- How many Rakat for each salat?
- Is there qada for witr?
- As I have lots of missed namaz, can I do qada salat instead of doing any nawafil as well tahajud? Please explain in detail so that I can do it.
1-2. You will work the approximate amount of salaahs missed. Thereafter you should endeavour to complete them as soon as possible. If you can remember the exact dates for each salaah then you should specify the date in the intention. Otherwise you may merely intend reading the last qadhaa of zuhr etc.
3. You will only perform qadhaa of the fardh salaahs. The Salaahs will be performed in full if the Salaahs were missed whilst you were a muqeem (not a traveller).
4. Yes, there is qadhaa for witr salaah.
5. You may perform a few short rakaats and thereafter continue with the qadhaa.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)