Accepting one’s mistakes

Q: I am nowadays in financial crisis and have to pay a lot of debts. I am a Muslim but yes i admit that I have made a lot of sins and mistakes that I did not pray 5 times, now when I am in crisis I realised that it is all because I was gaafil from Allah. But now when I want to start salaah again with pure heart my friends says “If you are in trouble and you remember Allah it means you are in trouble” is it wrong if you realize your mistakes and you want to go to Almighty Allah?

A: This is the most sensible thing to do. Rather than acting foolish and remaining upon transgression, accept your mistake and come on to the right course. May Allah Ta`ala help you and assist you.