Carrying out aqeeqah for one’s child who passed away

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My son, aged 17, passed away last February. I still did not perform his aqeeqa. Can I do aqeeqa for him now? 


A: Since he has passed away, you will not do the aqeeqah.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: