Husband not interested in having intimate relations with his wife

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I am a married woman. I’m 25 and my husband is not interested in having sexual relations. He said that this is not important and he doen’t have such feelings that man has. He has an erection problem and he is not interested in having any sexual relations.

He is a nice man who loves me and cares about me. What do I do? Should I leave him? 


A: If you cannot manage and you feel that you will fall into haraam then ask him for a separation and divorce and move on with life.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest