Q: I am a 22 year old male. 2 years I was in love with a girl and then we broke up. I was deeply in love with her so my freind suggested that I go to a magician (peer) so I went to a Shia magician and he told me to do these things:
1. Put sand outside the house of the one I love
2. Put one date (kajoor) inside mud
3. Put your photographs inside honey
4. Put one big stone on a taweez
5. And he gave me one human like page and told me to put it inside some graveyard and put a thread in its throat.
I have done all these things but after 1 month I felt that I am doing sihr so I decided stop. I called the magician and told him that I dont want her anymore. He told me to drop all the things in water. I dropped the honey in water, the taweez in water, but the date (kajoor) is still inside the mud and the page is inside the graveyard. My mission was not completed and the girl didnt come back. There was no harm caused to that girl. So now I want to repent.
1. Do I have to remove the date (kajoor) from the mud?
2. Do I have to remove the page from the graveyard? I remember the graveyard but I don’t remember the exact place where i put it.
3. How do I repent and what do I do?
It is better to remove it.
Don’t pay attention to it.
First repent to Allah Ta`ala, read the kalimah in abundance and inform the magician and those who know what you have done that what you have done is impermissible and incorrect and that you have repented.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.