Aborting a down syndrome fetus

Q: I need to find out if it’s permissible to terminate a fetus due to down syndrome, turner syndrome and certain sex chromosome abnormalities. So the child will be mentally and physically challenged. I am 10 weeks now and I have heard that it is permissible to terminate a fetus upto 120 days. My husband is feeling difficult to terminate the fetus as he feels that Allah has given us this situation. Please advise.

A: No. Just as it is not permissible to kill a down syndrome child after it is born, similarly it is not permissible to terminate the life of the fetus.