Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Estimating one’s qadha salaah

Estimating one’s qadha salaah

Q: I have been praying since my teenage years but I still missed some prayers at my early age. How can I complete those qaza prayers? 

A: Estimate the amount of namaaz you had missed. Thereafter with every namaaz you may read one qadha. 

Assalam o Alaikum Warahmatullahe Wabarakatuhu Mofti sahb, I am in circumstances where I have to take some very important decision. The situation is that I am living in Dubai, UAE with my family. I got married in 2007 and Allah Blessed me with a daughter this year. My wife, daughter and mother all live with me here in Dubai. My father was died long back and I am taking care of my mother. As you know, due to increasing inflation it is very difficult to save some money. I could not save any single dirham for last two years since when I came here in dubai.and also sometime a satuation come that it becomes very difficylt to pass the month in my earning So I am thinking whether to keep my family here with me and keep living without saving any money and just trust on Allah that situation will get better or if I send my family back home (Pakistan), I can save reasonable amount every month. So before making the final decision, I decided to do ”Istikhara” as sunnah. Yesterday night, I abolute and offered two nawaffil and then recite dua for correct guidance from Allah SWT and then slept without talking to anybody. I saw a dream that I want you to give me ”tabeer” for. I saw that I am standing by a closed grave which is made of white marble (and I felt in dream that this is my own grave). I am dusting the grave and I am saying to my wife with so much grief that how would you live without me (meaning that when I will go into the grave). That”s it. I don”t know whether this dream is meaningful or not. Or it has any connection with ”Istikhara” but I simply request you to please guide me on this. Jazakumullaho khair.