Removing hair and clipping nails while in the state of haidh

Q: I learned in madrasah that during menstruation, one is not permitted to remove hair from any part of the body or clip the nails.

My question is, would it be permissible to do so if the hair growth causes a rash and discomfort, and the nails chip and break if they are too long?

A: It is makrooh tanzeehi (disliked) for a woman in the state of haiz to clip her nails or remove unwanted hair. However, if there is a need to remove the hair as stated in your question, then it will be permissible.