Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Birth certificate showing one’s uncles name

Birth certificate showing one’s uncles name

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: When my husband was a child his father’s name on his birth certificate was changed to his father’s elder brother’s name. When he grew up he asked a mufti about the sin of this act and the mufti said that this sin is not upon him, the sinner is the one who changed my husbands name in his childhood. Now he is using his uncles name all over the world. Whats the solution?


A: The solution is easy. He should adopt his own father’s name.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: