Performing Tahiyyatul musjid before the fardh of Fajr and Asr

Q:

1. Please advise whether one can read Tahiyyatul Masjid Salaah once Fajr time has set in.

Context to the question: I reach the Masjid and Fajr time has set in. I still need to perform my 2 Rakaats of Fajr Sunnat Salaah. There is sufficient time for the Farz Salaat to commence.

2. Also please advise of the same once Asr Time has set in.

Context to the question: I reach the Masjid and Asr time has set in. I still have sufficient time to perform my 4 Rakaats of Asr Sunnat Salaah. There is sufficient time for the Farz Salaat to commence.

A:

1. No

2. Before the fard, it is permissible to perform nafil salaah.