1. When should we give the aqeeqa after a child is born?
2. Can we give it after a long period for some reason.
3. For whom should we give the aqeeqa?
4. Who can give aqeeqa for a child?
5. Is it a must to give aqeeqa for every child?
6. My main question is that can we give aqeeqa meat by cooking it and arranging a lunch or dinner party?
7. Can we give a aqeeqa lunch portion to a non-Muslim?
1. On the seventh day.
3. For the child.
4. The child’s aqeeqah is done by the father.
5. It is not a must. It is only mustahab and preferable.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.