Q: Is Salaat valid in the following cases? If so, please advise what should be done if such an error occurs in the Salaat.
1. Mistakenly reciting thana twice.
2. Mistakenly reciting some Ayaats of a Surah, or an entire Surah, instead of tashahhud. Tashahhud is then recited after the mistake is realized.
3. Mistakenly reciting some part of tashahhud, or the entire tashahhud, instead of Surah Fatiha. Surah Fatihah is then recited after the mistake is realized.
1. The salaah is valid.
2. The salaah is valid, however, sajda e sahw is waajib.
3. If this occurred in the first, third or fourth rakaat, the salaah will be valid and sajda e sahw will not be waajib. However, if this occurred in the second rakaat, the salaah will be valid and sajda-e-sahw will be waajib.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)