Breaking one’s fast due to fear of not being able to manage the fast

Q: Concerning the fast for Mondays, I went to sleep the night before intending to wake up to fast, then I woke up before sunrise and made the intention that I was not going to fast, and upon shutting my eyes I had once again changed my mind to fast thinking it is before sunrise and that I can do Sehri, however, upon checking the time I realised it was past sunrise and I was confused as to whether it counted as a fast or not, and I regarded myself as a fasting person and when another family member asked me regarding eating I verbally said I was fasting. However, I had a slight fear of not being able to maintain the fast throughout the day and therefore ate something upon making a judgement by reading some previous questions asked on a fatwa website. 

Therefore, Firstly was I counted as a fasting person in the first place?

Secondly, will making up the fast be necessary for me?

A:

1. The fast will be counted

2. Make qadha for the fast.