Making dua to get married to a certain person

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I love a boy. I have prayed for him in my sujood. He has proposed to me. Now what should I do? Should I accept his proposal? Should I consider it as mercy of Allah? I have cried to get him in my sujood. But if I accept his proposal then my parents would get hurt. What should I do now? Accept his proposal or not?


A: Consult your parents and elders. If they are happy then you may go ahead and accept the proposal.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: