Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Assisting one’s mother who is a drug addict

Assisting one’s mother who is a drug addict

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: My mother is a drug addict and has been one since I was 15 and now I am 28. I am a married woman and my husband and I have tried to help her by letting her stay by us a few times but she stole money twice and recently she came to live by us and was fine for a while. She even started hifz but then left again to live by another man and now she wants to come back to live here because the man beats her up. My husband just keeps quiet but I know deep down he is not happy with it. She is crying on the phone alot but I told her my husband can’t pick her up so late in the night we live far. She said that she will see where she is going to sleep for the night. I am starting to buy her monthly groceries from my allowance but now she wants to come and live back here. What should I do, I am totally lost.


A: Let her live somewhere near you so that you could see to her needs.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: