1. Can a spouse give ghusal to the deceased spouse be it male or female?
2. Can a spouse assist in burial like entering the grave etc.?
3. What is the condition of nikkah once a spouse has passed away?
1. It is permissible for the female spouse to administer the ghusl.
2. She should avoid doing this.
3. The nikaah terminates.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.