Q: A very slight doubt has recently crept into my mind regarding Tablighi Jamaat, (a few men began using this as an escape from their responsibilities)
1. What is the intention and reason one goes for jamaat?
2. Is it advisable for women to go for Mastoorah jamaat?
3. Can one put Jamaat on the same level of going out in the path of Allah for Jihaad? (So far as reward is concerned?)
1. Mainly for his self reformation. In the process others also benefit.
2. If they take all the precautions like they take all the precautions when going for umrah, it is permissible.
3. Going out in the path of Allah is a very broad term. To restrict this is incorrect. Seeking knowledge is also the path of Allah. Similarly going in jamaat with the right intention is also the path of Allah. Jihaad is a different thing altogether.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)