Q: Consuming the Spinal Cord of a Chicken
1. Is it true that it is makrooh to consume the spinal cord of a chicken? The following reference was given: “Fataawa Darul Uloom Vol.1 Pg.970; Darul Ishaat” If so:
2. Does cooking a chickens’ spinal cord togther with other food make all the food makrooh?
3. Does Makrooh in this context refer to makrooh-e-tanzihi or makrooh-e-tahrimi?
1. Yes, it is impermissible.
2. Throw that away and the rest of the food can be eaten.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
(Scroll down for more information regarding this question)
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)