Boy not happy to get married to a girl his mother chose

Q: My mother has selected a bride for my elder brother. He is not happy with the skin color of the bride however the girl comes from a good family and has good character. But my elder brother is not happy as all his friends have beautiful wives. Please provide an explanation so that me, my mother and family can convince my brother. Is there any salah or ayah to offer and fill my brothers life with piece and love?

A: If he is not happy to get married to the girl your mother has chosen for him, then he should not get married. Generally, forcing a person to get married to someone he does not wish leads to complications and problems taking place later on in the nikaah and, at times, it even leads to the nikaah breaking.