Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Making purda from the husband’s brothers and cousins

Making purda from the husband’s brothers and cousins

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: What shall we do about purda, especially after marriage. Because in India, generally many families don’t allow to do pardah from husband’s cousin brothers, brother-in- laws and other close relatives. What shall we do in such a situations? Please suggest me from shara’i point of view that how to comeout from this situation.


A: Observing purda is compulsory. Hence, strict purda should be observed with all non-mahrams.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: