How to advise a person against taking drugs and consuming alcohol

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have a female friend who drinks alcohol and consumes weed which is considered haram. How should I stop her and suggest a dua so that I can pray for her and help her out. I want her to change and bring her to the right path.


A: If you are unable to guide her, then refer her to some pious and knowledgeable woman who will be able to guide her.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest