An unreliable narration regarding intercession for those who love the progeny of Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

What is authentic of this narration?

Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“I will intercede for four people on the Day of Qiyamah; The person who honours my family, the person who sees to their needs, the person who makes an effort to fulfil their matters when they are in need and the person who truly loves them with his heart and [expresses it verbally as well].”

Answer

The Muhaddithun have declared this narration a fabrication. It is therefore not suitable to quote.

(Refer: Lisanul Mizan, vol. 3 pg. 398, Dhaylul La-Alil Masnu’ah, vol. 2 pg. 578, Hadith: 702)

See a suitable Hadith regarding the Ahlu Bayt here.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com