Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
I have a few questions on hayd.
1. I had menstrual discharge on wednesday but started the actual bleeding the next day. From which day shall I take my menstruation to commence from wednesday or thursday?
2. If I notice hayd after Isha salah and do not take a bath, but when I get up the next morning (after fajr) and I notice that it is clear should I make up isha and fajr?
3. I follow the Hanafi madhab and pray asr at misl thani. If I start hayd after misl awal but before misl thani would i have to make up asr when i become clean?
4. And if i finish hayd before misl thani but after misl awal has started (still zuhr time in the hanafi madhaab) will i have to make up zuhr if i take a bath just before misl thani?
Answered below by Umm Hudhayfah
Verified by Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf
Assalamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu
In the name of Allah, Most Merciful.
1) What do you mean by menstrual discharge? If you mean brown then the discharge will be part of your menstruation if you do not exceed 10 days of bleeding and you have had a 15 day purity prior to the discharge.
2) I am assuming that you mean when menstruation ends and it is less than ten days, then as a precaution you should make up both ‘Isha and Fajr.
3) This means that it is still Zuhr time for the Hanafi’s in this case you will not make up Zuhr or ‘Asr prayer.
4) If you stopped bleeding within ten days and had enough time to perform ghusl (inc, dressing and undressing) and say the takbir tahrima then you will have to make up the Zuhr prayer if you did not perform it.