Sins on the past

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Fatwaa.com

Assalamualaikum..I am studying on class 10th and my uncle,aunties always tells me some work to do so for example .if someone tells me go to market and buy one shirt for me and the shirt price is 700 and i told him that its price is 800 and i eaten 100 rupees from his/her money .will it be a sin?

Answer

Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaruhu,

Yes, this is a major sin, and it will be binding on you to return that extra money. Your aunt has only agreed to pay for the shirt, and not for the extra funds.

You should sincerely repent to Allah and inform your aunt that you have given her incorrect prices and inform her that you will pay her back all the additional funds which you took.

And Allaah Ta’aala knows best

Wassalaam,

Ismail Moosa (Mufti)

This answer was collected from Fatwaa.com which is an excellent Q&A site managed by Mufti Ismail Moosa from South Africa. .

Find more answers indexed from: Fatwaa.com