My question is that Friday prayer is around 1 30 pm 2 00 pm. On that day do we pray zuhar, and at what time?
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.
Before Answering your Question, I would like to mention a few things with regards to the Jummah prayer.
The following conditions must be met for Jummah to be obligatory:
1. To be male.
2. To be within the boundary of the town
3. To be healthy (physically able to read salah)
4. The road should be safe
5. Not to be physically handicapped. (Kitabu Fiqh p603 v1)
The following conditions are necessary for Jummah to be correct:
1. A large town. That it be in a city or the prayer grounds of a city. It is not allowed in villages. Sayyidna Ali Radiyallahu Anhu has said:”the Jummah and eid prayers cannot be held except in large towns”(Musannaf Abdur Razzak)
2. Time of Zuhr Prayer
3. The Khutbah
5. Izn Aam (General permission for all to attend)
Salatul Jummah is something which is established from the Quran, Hadeeth and Ijma (general consensus).
Allah says in the Quran: “O you who believe, when the call for Jummah prayer is called then walk towards the remembrance of Allah and leave your transactions. (Surah Jummah)
The Holy Prophet has said:”my wish is that I order a person who has attended the jummah prayer, to go and burn all those people’s houses who have not attended the Jummah prayer. (Sahih Muslim)
All the scholars agree that Jummah is Fardh. (Kitabul Fiqh p 598-599 v1)
With regards to your question there is no Zuhr prayer for that person who has attended the Jummah prayer. However, if one missed the Jummah prayer for some reason then he will offer the Zuhr prayer instead.
Only Allah Knows Best
Written by Molana Ishaaq Hussain
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham.