1

Would I be considered as performing a Tamattu Hajj if my second Umrah was invalid in this situation

Answered by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Question:

Assalam Alaikum Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I was willing to perform Hajj -e -Tamattu.  I have performed Umra on arrival to Holy Mecca. Thereafter I went To Holy Madina and on returning I performed another Umra (of course before Hajj). Thereafter after some days I performed hajj. Now, in case my second Umra becomes improper due to incomplete tawaf. Then, is my Hajj- e- Tamattu/Hajj valid keeping in view that first Umra is correct .Please Explain your answer so that I can understand the reason and have grasp on subject.

Answer:

Bismillah

In the aforementioned situation, if for some reason your second Umrah became invalid you will still be considered to have performed a Tamattu Hajj.

The reason being is after performing the first Umrah if the person does not return to his homeland he is still considered to be on his first journey to perform Umrah and Hajj together. Therefore, by you going to the blessed city of Madinah after performing the first Umrah does not invalidate your journey, hence, the subsequent Hajj you performed afterwards will be joined with the first Umrah, making your Hajj a Tamattu Hajj. (Hidayah p.264 v.1)

Only Allah Knows Best

Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.