Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » Can my sister get a khula without court?

Can my sister get a khula without court?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
My sister who is 4 years married is tortured emotionally,mentally by her husband & Inlaws.Her husband is unemployed from 3&1/2 years.He doesn’t seems to be reformed when we try to settle.My sister says I will not go to his house otherwise I will suicide.Husband refuse to give Talaq.Can she take “khula”.We don’t want to go Court.Can u suggest any Darul Qaza in UP(near Aligarh) & DELHI.How much time it will take & what will happen if her husband doesn’t come by sermon from Darul Qaza.


(Fatwa: 1187/915=H)

The consent of husband is compulsory for khula. It is suggested to reconcile and settle the matter with the mediation of some eminent persons. Madrasa Aminia Delhi and

Jamia Khadimul Islam Bulandh Shahar Road

, Hapur have Sharai Panchayat system. But, how much time it will take, it is difficult to predict. We can not decide any thing beforehand for the husband if he fails to abide by the order of the Sharai Panchayat. Please, go there yourself or write a letter to them.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Read answers with similar topics: