Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » What can I do to resolve the issues in my marriage?

What can I do to resolve the issues in my marriage?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
I have been married for more than 4 years now. My father wanted my husband to live with his mother and look after her as she was ill and wanted the same. He fought with my father. My father always advised him to offer prayers. My husband said who is he to ask me for prayers when his father has not done so. He has taken back my drowery. He earns good but does not give me money for my personal needs. I have a son of 3 and half years. Since then, we have never intercoursed though I have asked him several times but he has always avoided it without giving me any reason. Now, I am deprived of any feelings too. I started an online job of writing articles to fulfill my needs but he’s taking all my money too. He abuses my parents and fights with me. I started my life with love and tried my best too. But, I wake up at night crying and pulling my hair in real. I cry all night. I work all day. Love has changed to hatred. If I ask him for prayer, he fights. What should I do?


(Fatwa: 840/308/TL=1432)

You should keep on convincing him with wisdom and politeness. Also, keep on praying for his reform and recite ya Lateef ya Wadood (یا لطیف یا ودود) 1111 times after Isha with durood 11-11 times before after the dua. In-shaAllah, he will be polite towards you.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Read answers with similar topics: